Russell Brand Destroys MSNBC Talk Show Host for Treating Him Like Shit
“Casual objectification” is an excellent term for not only what these people were doing to him, but for pretty much the entire institution of “celebrity.”
Also, Russell Brand is very funny. These people have no idea how to handle intelligent discourse blended with humor. They are speaking very different cultural languages. It’s a fascinating thing to watch.
because we’re going to meet jamie campbell bower at the london signing, we want to give him a book full of the urls of the people who love him
so reblog this post (likes wont count) and i’ll enter your url in a nice book and give it to him to show our love!
i’m buying the book tomorrow so i’ll post updates as i go!
do you ever have that one person who you just lost contact with because of reasons and you just wonder if they’re okay and what they’re doing with their lives now and where they’ve been and if they’ve changed and how they’ve changed and what’s still the same about them and how they look and if they ever think about you like that from time to time
because I do
10 Things Aspiring Novelists Should Know
- Your novel is not a personal journal. Consider the reader.
- Writing is a business. You enter into an agreement with a reader. You agree to entertain in exchange for their money and emotion. You agree to inform for their time.
- Readers don’t like charmless heroes. Just because your protagonist happens to be an anti-hero does not mean you are free to make him or her 100% unlikable.
- Only experienced novelists who have successfully completed two published books should attempt to use an anti-hero as a protagonist.
- Antagonists should be people, not things.
- If you aren’t willing to listen to advice, if you aren’t able to learn from your mistakes, and if you aren’t prepared to let go of stories nobody wants to read, you will probably not succeed.
- You have to read a lot to be able to write.
- Using examples of famous authors who were published more than 30 years ago to justify long passages of description in your boring manuscript is not a good idea. Publishing has changed. Readers have changed.
- Self-publishing does not mean you don’t need to pay somebody to proofread and edit your book. Readers are insulted when they find mistakes in books. It’s like serving guests dinner on dirty plates.
- Always delete the first three chapters of the first draft of your first three novels. It will always be filled with backstory you don’t need.
Image created at Someecards